A DAy iN thE LifE Of thE McMAhOn FAmilY

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A NeW SuNnY BAthROOM

The "girls' powder room" (or guest bathroom) was in desperate need of a re-do, as these pictures show:

No Life.

No Style.

No Personality.

So I chose a bright, sunny color and added some girly, vintage touches.

I didn't want to spend much money so I decided to make the shower curtain myself. Remember this fabric? Yes...it's the sheet I found at the thrift store for $1.50! I had the shower rod already, but added a large button (or two) to each ring. I picked all different sizes and colors and glued them on.

I found some old hankies from my grandma and put them in yellow spray-painted frames that I already had. The spray paint was about $4.00.

I took an old wooden sign I wasn't using and covered it with another hankie, then wrote "Little Dreamers make Big Achievers" with a permanent pen. I bought the little wire shelf/ towel bar at Hibernation for about $12.00. All the Burt's Bees Baby lotions etc. are from my wonderful Mother-in-law who keeps me in ample supply:0) The colors are perfect with the new theme!

I have been on the lookout for a new rug and some hand towels...but haven't found the right ones yet.

When Madelynn woke up from her nap one day to find her bathroom re-decorated, she exclaimed, "OOOHH Mommy!" Then she went around touching everything saying, "Mommy made this!"
It's nice to have someone appreciate your decorating:0) Now I walk into the bathroom with a bright smile....and I crossed another project off the "nesting list!"

3 comments:

  1. Hi, yes I'd say nesting is in full swing as you wind down to your due date! I love the sunny bathroom...such a sweet touch using grandma's old hankies and I love the sign you made...I may have to steal that saying for an uppercase expression! Can't wait to see what you do next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go sister, Go! But seriously, you need to sit and rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really cheerful. It is a happy thing to walk into a bright, energetic bathroom. All too often they are drab and dull.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete