A DAy iN thE LifE Of thE McMAhOn FAmilY

Thursday, June 24, 2010

LiViNG RoOM UP-dO

I recently found some pretty fabric at trimweaver.com that I thought would give my living room a little more pop. So I made two new pillows for the couch in a teal-gold-and grey floral:

On one of the pillows I used some gold quilted fabric that I covered my desk chair with:

I was also in desperate need of some curtain tie-backs. So I sewed a strip of the same floral fabric onto each curtain with hidden velcro to loop aroound the curtain. When the curtain is closed, the strip of fabric is easily tucked behind the curtain.

I had to mix some gold curtains with the teal-grey-bluish ones because I didn't have enough of either curtain for all the windows in my living room/dining room. Now they work together welll with the same fabric tie-backs!

I got a yard and a half of this fabric during a half-off sale and made (2) pillows, (10) tie-backs, and a valance for the kitchen window!
...And I crossed another project off the Nesting List:-)

2 comments:

  1. So cute sister! I love the fabrics, and the tie backs are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lulu,
    I love all your nesting projects! Your livingroom looks very chic! love it and you!

    ReplyDelete