A DAy iN thE LifE Of thE McMAhOn FAmilY

Sunday, March 28, 2010

TuNiC REfAshiON

The other day I did a little refashion for Madelynn. This little tunic dress is a size 6-12 months but still fits Madelynn like a top.

I wanted it to work for spring and summer, so I cut the sleeves shorter and added a little ruffle out of a pale yellow shirt of hers that she has grown out of. You can't tell from the picture, but it's actually a double ruffle. I simply cut off the bottom hem of the yellow shirt and cut the hem open at the bottom (on the fold).

I also cut out a little elephant patch from the same shirt and hand stitched it in the corner of the refashioned shirt.

Instead of packing this tunic away, it now has new life!

And just for kicks....here's a picture of her wearing it when she was about 10 months old:

This picture makes me laugh-that little face is so squishy! (And, yes, that is my belt wrapped around her twice-I had so much fun dressing her up!)

Madelynn has outgrown many of her summer shirts and I hope to refashion some more!

Have a great week!!!

3 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute! i can't get over how much Madelynn has grown! What a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute sister! I am inspired by your up-cycling. Maybe I should re-think that bag of clothes headed for the consignment store....

    ReplyDelete